Ted, rain dancing – maybe there really was something to him and Robin?
I’ve spoken before about getting obsessed easily – having grown up surrounded more books than people, I’ve grown really attached to fictional characters and situations. How I Met Your Mother is only one in the line of about ten Big Things. I know I started watching it around the time Season 7 was airing, as I was searching for something to fill the hole Two and a Half Men left in my heart.1 I’ve seen every episode more times than I dare count.2
Yet I went from watching at least a couple episodes a day to cold turkey a day or two after the finale. I felt betrayed (as I’ve previously expressed). Here it was – the show that taught me so much about the value of friendship throwing all of it away in 42 minutes. I was a lonely kid and always quite okay with that – until watching these five come through for each other, time and time again, slowly made me realise whatever you do in this life, it’s not legendary, unless your friends are there to see it.3
The ending of my all-time favourite (comedy) show, How I Met Your Mother (the post is yet to come, though I’ve stopped perusing the HIMYM reddit every night), left a huge gaping hole into my heart and life and I did what was logical. Stuffed myself with whatever crap was nearest — this time a new CBS comedy called Friends With Better Lives, following six friends on their ventures… or lack thereof.
- I don’t recall having seen any films this week. WTF. (Also: see above.)
- I really don’t know what to say. This week has escaped me. I’ll figure something out.
- While I’m not in love with 2 Broke Girls season 3, I’ve rewatched some of the first season and I’m finding myself loving it even more now – and appreciating it more, too.
- How I Met Your Mother is so, so good. I do not understand why people moan about this season, it’s been great, even if far–fetched at times. What Barney did in the last episode – ahhhh.
- We’re also nearing the show’s 200th episode, titled “How Your Mother Met Me”. Craig Thomas said “to me, more than anything else, episode 200 is why we did season 9” and it’s going to be from the Mother’s perspective. It’s supposed to be legendary. (Pun, if tangible, intended.)
- And what is this about a spin–off series I hear? Late to the party once again? The pilot – at least – is coming and I’m excited, especially since they have enough respect for HIMYM to completely wrap it up and make the new (possible) series a different thing. I have great hopes for How I Met Your Dad, really.
- Oh, and guess what shows finally had great episodes? Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries – and of course, since they were the midseason finales, both were enormous cliff-hangers.
- I love Christmas. And over the day, staring at my header, I actually started to really like it. What do you guys think?