- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
- New year, new feature. I’m trying to come up with a posting schedule and a post format I’m comfortable with — I’m pretty happy with this one, though. It’s hard not to plagiarise Sati or Katy or Mettel Ray because I read their blogs daily and they all have such effective and beautiful style.
- That being said, I love this community so much! My only blog-related new year’s resolution is to blog regularly. Can’t be that difficult, right?
- Uh, I was supposed to post this three days ago. But the beginning’s always hard, right?
(2) ON FILMS AND TELEVISION:
- On Friday I woke up by my dad barging into my room, saying our film starts in half an hour. So my morning, at 3pm, started with Nightcrawler — which, honestly, was a fucked up film that I feel disgusted by. An excellent film, a masterpiece, of course. But so disturbing.
- Last night of last year, I saw Fight Club, which I had only seen clips of before. All I can say is that I should make a shrine for Fincher.
- I rewatched most of Shameless, too, seasons 1 and 3 in the whole, most of season 2, but I already saw season 4 twice this winter break, so I only saw a few episodes (and all Mickey/Ian parts, naturally.) You calling me insane? Yah, okay, not arguing.
- Wait and watch what happens when season 5 starts airing.
- My favourite film of the week was probably Begin Again. I loved the soundtrack and the NYC depiction and the acting, but the overall mood was what won me over the most.
(3) HEY, LOOK!
- I only watch How to Get Away with Murder from these shows, but this is hilarious! (From 0:29 on, that is.)
(4) YOUR MOST PRESSING QUESTIONS, ANSWERED:
- What’s coming on TV next? Mettel Ray shares a comprehensive overview.
- What’s not to love about the most disturbing film of the year? (1) Sati knows her shit, part 2.
- You really don’t remember what happened last year? Thankfully, Anna and Katy do.
- Still traumatised over Christmas? Mr Brown is here to help.
1 Gone Girl may have a contender, though — I’m not the least bit over Nightcrawler.