My heart feels complete for the first time in nine months. I present, the best thing on TV right now and twelve of the most emotional recaps, all the way to 5×12, exclusively on Films & Coke.1 This post has nothing Shameless doesn’t, spoilers for 5×01 and is a bit rough, but I had to publish it now or all my opinions will be replaced with others’ — I saw the episode on Friday, after all.
Five minutes in, I felt something squeezing me. This was the first time I realised how much I had missed Suits ever since season 3.2 wrapped up in April, and how glad I was to have it back on my screen. Suits is probably not going to win awards as it is often written off as a guilty pleasure, yet it is one of the most enjoyable shows to watch. If you are looking for something to lighten up your summer, this is it.
Game of Thrones spoilers below!
This is my 100th post. It was supposed to be really special and cool, but instead, I watched The Mountain and the Viper and after ten hours, I still find it difficult to breathe. So instead of bathing in the glory of putting out close to 40 reviews in my blogging times, and that you can now just type in filmsandcoke.com in your address bar to get here, I’ll instead share a few thoughts on Thrones and the films I’ve seen this weekend.
- Dany sent Jorah away because he betrayed her (wow, drama!). I didn’t understand it really, and I’m never watching that fucking episode again, so that’s that, but it felt sad. Especially with this in mind.
- Arya and the Hound finally made it, only to find out Lysa’s dead. That was a hilarious scene.
- The Wildlings attacked and Ygritte spared Gilly with her baby, which was super lovely.
- And then the world gets fucked in the ass. Sorry. I don’t think it’s possible to say this too harshly. Everybody’s sharing gifs of Cersei’s joy, but before that, I was so happy to see her disappointment when Oberyn got the upper hand.
- I still cannot believe that ending happened. I’m glad I just watched Atonement, because now I can compare that twist to something. Beyond cruel. I hope someone skins the Mountain. That shithead.
- I bet Tyrion’s going to kill Tywin and get away. If not, someone’s getting punched in the face.
- Before all that happened and I was left to pick up pieces of my brain, I actually had a really nice weekend visiting a friend.
- Inspired by Nostra’s iconic movie character relay, I got my friend and her little sister to watch E.T. with me. I’d never seen it before, but I really wanted to, and it was so great!
- On Sunday morning, I got up at 12pm and was still the first one up, so I started watching Howl’s Moving Castle — something I’ve wanted to see for ages, and they had it! It was really, really great and Calcifer, the powerful fire demon pictured above, won my heart at once.
- I’ve been watching a lot of films lately, films I never thought I’d get to: Mads Mikkelsen in The Royal Affair (really good!), Chaplin’s The Gold Rush (I think I like silent films…) and I’ll see A Single Man tomorrow. Because this Monday hasn’t been depressing enough.
+ the ten works of a master of raw
+ this is a blind spot for me, too, I promise I’ll fix it
+ the only Godzilla review you need to read
+ nostalgia: “ghosts are transparent”
+ what is better than feet — animated feet?
+ introducing: David Fincher is a genius
+ where #10 could easily be #1 in another show
+ hold your horses (and your breath)
credit where it is due: first three pictures are from this hilarious Thrones recap, and the gifs are from Sati’s tumblr.
Spoilers for the finale following.