- I revamped the layout (partially) and I’m gonna spill you all my secrets (wow I suck at puns) weekly from now on. Meaning that I have upgraded The Spill Feature1 – we’re going to have a weekend post each week of me ranting about anything film or TV–wise – and sharing my favourite posts of the week, of course. I’ll publish all these posts at night – if you’re in GMT+1 or close.
- That is because I’ve so far written every single spill post at night. I kinda feel like I’ll be more motivated like this – I want to make FAC more personal, plus share my thoughts on everything I don’t review.
- My life for this past week has been pretty great – autumn break, so a lot of sleep and a lot of pretending to be asleep to watch TV from my iPad. I love my bed.
- Breaking Bad ended for good last week. I think I’ll be dealing with that next week – or the following, if I can’t stop crying. After this post I’m starting season 4 and I’m not entirely sure I’m ready for this. Season 3 ended in Walt killing two guys for Jesse and Jesse killing Gale for Walt. This was unexpected. BrBa finale recaps that I’ve saved for reading: Brittani’s (RAMBLING FILM), Sati’s (CINEMATIC CORNER), from SIDEKICK REVIEWS and Nick’s (the LAMB – I guess? I’m not 100% because I’m too scared to look – I’m not having any spoilers.)
- So far, I still like all the characters. I understand Skyler, sometimes more, sometimes less – I’ve read a lot of comments about her being a bitch for what she did – and while it shocked me that she found ouy so soon, I completely see where she’s coming from. Walt and Jesse can both be kings for all I care. Hank and Marie are absolutely necessary and even if Marie annoys me sometimes, it doesn’t make me love her any less. Walt Jr is one of the greatest characters. There’s nothing I don’t like – really.
- I cannot see myself loving any series the same way as I love Breaking Bad. I feel like The first time I watched a TV series, was watching Breaking Bad. I mean, I’d watched TV series before… but I’d never watched a TV series before.2
- Speaking of series, I love October. So far, we’ve had two episodes of both How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls; season 5 premiere for The Vampire Diaries and the pilot for The Originals. I haven’t gotten around to Sleepy Hollow yet but I’m planning to. After Supernatural season 9 premiers on Tuesday, I’ll talk about how they’re all doing.
- Even though I planned to watch it, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn’t really peaked my interest. I’ve read some recaps, though – and SIDEKICK REVIEWS likes it.
- Sometimes I think I should change my blog name to TV and Coke. I can’t help it, I’m just not that interested in films unless I see them in the cinema.
- And the nearest cinema is 30 km away with insane ticket prices. So far I’ve been to cinema twice, both times at the Kulturhus in my home town in Norway, where they show 2–3 films a week. Today I went there with my host parents, host mum’s sister and six boys aged 14 or under. Gåten Ragnarok (The Ragnarok3 Riddle) was actually very cool and I was so proud to understand nearly everything, having been in Norway and learning Norwegian for less than two months. Review coming on Tuesday.
- Gravity’s the word of the day. I’m going to go to Oslo and see it in a normal–sized cinema with 3D once it premieres in Norway – the reviews have been incredible. I mean, Lindsay (FRENCH TOAST CINEMA) gave it 95/100 and it really doesn’t get much better than that.
- One of my favourite sad posts lately has been Directors Who Should Call It A Day at THREE ROWS BACK.
- I have ten films in my waiting list and I keep choosing Breaking Bad over them. I kinda can’t wait for that to be over. Though then I’m just gonna start with American Horror Story. I’m doomed.
- Finally, I just wanted to point out that (1) I’ve started using read me breaks for reviews so the site would load faster, and (2) did anyone spot the LAMB poster I have on my page now? It’s on the right sidebar and I’m not sure if it’s the best or the worst thing I’ve ever put on this blog. It’s staying, though.
1 I don’t know, I’ve developed this thing for capitalisation – I even capitalised my categories.
2 Sorry if this doesn’t make any sense. If you’ve seen Suits season 3 episode 2, you might know what I’m talking about.
3 Ragnarok is the end of the world in Norse mythology – if you didn’t know.