I was so busy being sick and working a backstage fashion show photography job this week that I couldn’t even think of a good new spill definition so I’m just doing a quick list and then I’m outtie.
- French Toast Sunday’s people wrote some exceptional stuff this week: about long films, about directors and then Lindsay went right on personal.
- Sati’s feature that deserves all of the awards, Visual Parallels, took on Breaking Bad and Pulp Fiction – both of which I haven’t seen and I for both hate myself.
- Mettel Ray reached an astounding 500 posts this week and celebrated by listing her favourite films in a relentless list.
- Frame Raters are doing a hilarious and painful feature – having a look at IMDb’s worst so that we wouldn’t have to. Heads up – The Hottie and the Nottie sucks.
- I saw Oblivion and loved it; The Movie Waffler didn’t.
- My favourite Film Hipster made something awesome.
- Something that I’m excited for is Trance and Laura over at Cinephilia contributed to that, too.
- Tonight I’m watching On The Road which AngryVader thought was lifeless. I hope that was an exaggeration (though if it’s not, I guess I’ll have better sleep).
- And finally, Mr Rumsey saw Chloe and though I saw it years ago, I still remember it well – and agree on everything he says.
I saw a bunch of cool films this week but seeing as I was sick, my attention span went even lower and I couldn’t do any writing. Reviews for Moon, Oblivion and Oslo, August 31st coming up though!